Heres our first High School Football Ranking of 2016
(D1-3) Top 10 Teams
|Wayne Train 2-way star Matt Wilcox|
(1) Wayne (5-0-1)
Wayne Train seems to be on another level, and the focus looks razor sharp as they go for the big school (D-1) Championship. With Senior two-way star Matt Wilcox leading the way, the Warriors are primed for another championship run.
(2) Miamisburg (5-1)
The Burg has the weapons on offense and defense to get it done, and their coach will keep them focused. They also have a flair for the spectacular, which could be due to their explosive offense or their fiery coach.
(3) Trotwood (5-1)
The Rams seem to be clicking on all cylinders and could be headed for a deep run with two potent RBs at the helm. Since the setback to Troy the Rams have rolled off 5 straight. We know what coach Graham can do come playoff time.
(4) Troy (5-1) The Trojans bounced back in a major way, and showed that they could be headed for a playoff berth this season. The only loss was a last second shocker to Miamisburg at home.
(5) Lebanon (4-2) The Warriors stopped Springfield and Northmont in consecutive weeks to move into 5 spot. Can they continue their hot play?
Next 5 : Springboro (4-2), Springfield (4-2), Franklin (6-0), Northmont (3-3), St. Mary's 6-0 ; Belmont (5-2)
D4 -7 Rankings
(1) Alter (6-0) D-4 - The Knights have rolled over almost every opponent this season; They are currently 2nd in the OHSAA state poll and could make another Stat trip.
(2) Coldwater (6-0) D-5 Have been dominant this season; Wil another trip to state be the end result?
(3) Dunbar (5-1) D-4 The Wolverines boast a team with a high skill set, and seems to be gelling at the right time. Can the Wolverines do the little things to make a deep run?
(4) Marion Local (5-1) D-6 Marion Local once again have a team that could be playing into December.
(5) Clinton- Massie (5-1) D-4 Massie have played well this year, and aside from the one blemish, look to be headed towards a playoff run.
Next 5: St. Henry (4-2) D-6; Valley View 5-1 D-4; Versailles (3-3) ; Fort Recovery (4-2) D-7; Covington (6-0) D-7