|L'Christian "Blue" Smith scores one of his 2 Long TD's vs Creek|
(1) The "Boro" shocks the "Burg" -
Springboro scored with 2 seconds left in the game, and in dramatic fashion, scored on a 2-point conversion to defeat Miamisburg 39-38. The win puts Springboro at 5-2 & drops Miamisburg to 5-2. Both are in position to make the playoffs.
|Springboro star receiver headed for paydirt vs Miamisburg|
(2) Ponitz ruins Meadowdale homecoming, blanks Lions - Ponitz handled business and shut out Meadowdale 31-0 @ Welcome Stadium Friday night. It was the Lions homecoming, but it was all Ponitz all night as they run their record to 4-3 while Meadowdale falls to 2-5. Pointz star RB Jamil Freeman led the way for the Panthers.
(3) "Blue" Smith shines vs Beavercreek - Star WR L'Christian "Blue" Smith scored on 2 long TDS early in the game and Wayne cruised past Beavercreek 44-0. Wayne now rolls to 6-0-1 while Beavercreek falls to 3-4. Once Smith entered the zone, there was no turning back for the Warriors.
(4) Dunbar wins big on the road - Dunbar got a much needed road victory in Cincy as they defeated Cincy Western Hills 50-8. Tavion Thomas led the attack with another great game (100+ rushing, 2 TDs), and the defense, led by star LB Antwuan Johnson's Interception.
|Star LB Antwuan Johnson is the unquestioned leader of a stingy Wolverines D unit.|
Dunbar is now 6-1 on the season, their best record in over 20 years. Dunbar will face Thurgood in a big rivalry game this week.
(5) C-J wins 4th in 5 games - Chaminade continues its hot play with a blowout win over Roger Bacon. The Eagles are now 4-3 on the season, their first time over .500 after starting slow.
|C-J celebrates TD vs Roger Bacon as they get over .500 mark|
(6) Springfield win huge road game @ Northmont
The Wildcats held off a pesky Bolts team, in which Northmont scored 23 straight points but still lost 35-29. Springfield now moves to 5-2, while Northmont falls to 3-4.
|Springfield celebrates after scoring @ Northmont|
(7) Trotwood rolls again for 6th straight -
The Rams won their 6th straight game as they ran past Fairborn 49-6. The Rams have won their 6th straight and are definitely hitting a playoff stride as we get close to the playoffs. Star RB Raveion Hargrove and that vaunted Rams D led the way.
(8) Thurgood shuts out Hughes -
Thurgood went to Cincy and garnered their 3rd win of the season as they blanked Cincy Hughes 40-0. The win puts Thurgood at 2-1 in the SWOPL. They have a huge match-up this week vs Dunbar. The Cougars have won 3 of their last 5 games and have played well recently.