Top 5 Teams (Division 1-3)
|Wayne 2 way Star player Matt Wilcox on Dayton HS Sports Show|
(1) Wayne 6-0-1 D-1 - Wayne trounced Fairmont 35-0 as they moved into a
National Top 25 Ranking; Matt Wilcox shined on D and the offense was efficient in the win. If the Warriors can get it done against Springfield and Trotwood the last two weeks, they could very well be hosting the regionals.
(2) Trotwood 7-1 D-3 - Trotwood rolled over another GWOC opponent as they put 50 on Stebbins, and stay in good playoff position. One more win and the Rams should be in the playoffs.
(3) Troy 7-1 D-2 - Troy continued its great play with a easy win which the D shut Sidney down. The Trojans could clinch a spot with another win, the way it looks.
(4) Springboro 6-2 D-1 - Springboro erupted for 66 as the Panthers marched all over the field on Fairborn. the win keeps the Boro in good playoff shape providing they finish strong.
(5) Miamisburg 6-2 D-1 - The Burg silenced some critics and pulled out a can on Lebanon 55-20. The win pushes Miamisburg into a playoff spot if they handle business late in the season.
Next 5: Lebanon 6-2; Springfield 6-2; Franklin 8-0; St. Marys 8-0; Wilmington 7-1;
Top 5 Teams (Division 4-7):
(1) Alter 8-0 D-4 - Alter shut out Hamilton Badin 48-0, and looks to be headed to a deep run come playoff time.
(2) Clinton Massie 7-1 D-4 - Massie has been dominant despite the loss to Alter.
(3) Dunbar 7-1 D-4 - Dunbar punished another cincy team, and now will have back to back tests (Cin Taft, Belmont) which could make or break season.
(4) Marion Local 7-1 D-6 - Marion handled business and stays in top 5 and in playoff shape.
(5) Coldwater 7-1 D-5- The former champs will look to gear up for the postseason.
Next 5: Mechanicsburg (8-0); St. Henry (5-2); Valley View (6-2); Chaminade Julienne (5-3) Covington (8-0)