(1) #Dunbar wins by 70, destroys Eaton
Earlier last week after speaking with the Dunbar coaches, they all were eager to see how their kids would respond after another City League Title, A top-10 State Ranking, and a great record to boot; however, the coaches weren't as happy with some late season performances and wanted the Wolverines to show more of a "dominant" mentality.
Well if the first round is any indication, I see why nobody wanted to play them, as Franklin, Ponitz, & Thurgood elected to head to the other side of the district bracket.
In a completely overwhelming performance, the #Wolverines won 101-30.
Eaton never scored in double digits - in any quarter. 9 was all they could muster.
#OhioSt signee #AJHarris dropped 20, and it was a rout from the tip.
#Dunbar will play #Belmont next.
(2) #Kennard drops 33, as Franklin defeats Monroe;
#Franklin held serve vs Monroe as smooth lefty Luke Kennard was hot early and often, and moved the #1 seeded Wildcats to the next round. Kennard, (headed to #Duke next season) who recently moved to #3 on the All-Time scoring list, will look to get Franklin out of the Districts for the first time in his tenure.
(3) #Wayne dominates
Nationally ranked #Wayne dismantled Butler 103-46; With multiple players in double figures, this was merely a warm up. Up next:
(4) All City-League teams still alive after 1st round:
Its always interesting to see which city league teams will last the longest. With Ponitz being on par with Dunbar this season and Thurgood and Stivers slipping a little, its a wonder:
How many City League squads can legitimately get to regionals?
Last year there were three:
(Thurgood, Dunbar, Stivers)
- #Ponitz has all the talent to go to state, but can they win in the bright lights with the pressure turned up?
- Can #Stivers shake off a tough season and show their playoff mettle? Last year they got to regionals. Can their leaders step up and repeat the performance?
- Can #Meadowdale make a run in D-3 this season?
- Can #Thurgood show their savvy and ride their key players (Daniels & Hoskins) back to the regionals?